Introduction Employees need regular training and re-training during their working life. The changes within organization and outside will require people to change their way and behavior frequently. An organization is the more likely to meet its objectives and manage change effectively when emphasis is given to training. Managing a training function therefore not only important but crucial to the continuous development needs of the organization.
1: MANAGE A TRAINING FUNCTION
- What are the vision, mission and functional priorities.
- Key training and development roles.
- A staff of one: keeping your sanity.
- Staying up to date, trends in training.
- Conduct a training department systems audit.
- Manage and develop the training staff.
2: INTERNAL CONSULTING SKILLS
- Use a continuum of consulting roles.
- Analyze your role in the organization.
- Identify who are your clients.
- Trainer vs consultant vs change agent.
- Gain management’s commitment to your function
- Where are you in the life cycle of a training department?
- Use the consulting process.
3: DIAGNOSING PROBLEMS AND DEVELOPING A PLAN
- When to use Training Department audit tools.
- Is training the answer?
- Make vague training needs specific.
- Sort out training needs versus wants.
- Developing a ten-part performance improvement plan.
- Reviewing training proposals.
- How to trouble shoot training problems.
- Use a tool to compare training delivery methods.
4: BUILD A PARTNERSHIP WITH MANAGEMENT AND LEARNERS
- Check your influenced style.
- Build credibility with line managers.
- Be more responsive to the organization.
- How to develop three-way partnerships.
- Steps to increase leverage with others.
- Develop strategies to market your programs effectively.
5: MANAGING THE BUDGET
- Effectively manage the training dollar.
- How to create a training cost framework.
- Conduct a cost benefit analysis.
- Find performance indicators to demonstrate training
6: COMPETENCY AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS
- Identify the competency needs.
- Linking job requirements to competency standards.
- Creating competency standards.
- Using interviews to collect data.
- Analysing data and preparing findings.
7: TRAINING GOALS, MODULES OUTLINES AND RESOURCE REQUIREMENT
- Documenting training requirements and resources.
- Sourcing endorsed curriculum or packages.
- Developing a course proposal.
- Continuing professional development.
8: DEVELOPING EVALUATION ARRANGEMENTS
- Assessment methods.
- Purpose and role of evaluation.
- Appropriate evaluation models and methods.
- Developing and implementing an evaluation plan.
- Validity, reliability, fairness and equity.
- Continuous improvement strategy.
Training Managers, Human Resource Managers & Department / Team Leaders
Lectures, case studies, group discussion
Duration : 2 days
Time : 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue : To be announced
Fee : RM1,985.00
Facilitator : Dr Balan Dass 016 – 227 0057
Registration : Contact Program Manager, Tong How Lit.
Tel : 03 – 7955 2382