Employees are the most important asset of an organization because they are the critical success factors that spearhead its success or failure. In order for organization to meet company goals and objectives, especially in this new era of borderless trade, it is imperative for employees to be “turned on” and be highly motivated. A vital ingredient in developing a successful company is the application and implementation of good and sound human resource practices.
MODULE 1 – THE HUMAN RESOURCE FUNCTION
- The various facets of HRM
- Roles and responsibilities of the various functions of HRM
- Human resource policies and procedures development.
- Human resource information systems.
- Change management and communicating changes
MODULE 2 – RECRUITMENT & SELECTION
- The importance of job analysis
- Writing job description and job specification.
- The steps in recruitment.
- Interviewing and selection of candidates
- Interview techniques
MODULE 3 – PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL
- Performance appraisal and performance management
- Purpose of performance appraisal
- Various types of appraisal systems
- Components of an effective appraisal system
- Errors in appraisal ratings
- Conducting an effective appraisal system
MODULE 4 – TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT.
- Importance of training
- Conducting a TNA
- Developing a training plan.
- Evaluation of training
- The human resource development fund (HRDF)
MODULE 5 – GRIEVANCE HANDLING & DISCIPLINE
- Types of grievances
- Causes and symptoms of grievances
- The grievance and disciplinary procedure
- Minimizing grievances and the role of line management.
- Domestic inquiry procedures
- Punishment in disciplinary cases
MODULE 6 – CREATING WORKPLACE HARMONY
- Sharing the vision and mission of the organization
- Sharing corporate and social responsibility
- Communicating openly at all levels
- Collaborating towards organizational success
- Securing the future
Line managers and supervisors who manage down-line employees, Department heads, Executives and fresh graduates who aspire to build a career in HRM, HR practitioners
mini lectures, group discussions and syndicate work
Duration : 2 days
Time : 9.00am – 5.00pm
Venue : To be announced
Fee : RM2,485.00
Facilitator : Dr Balan Dass 016 – 227 0057
Registration : Contact Program Manager, Tong How Lit.
Tel : 03 – 7955 2382
About the Facilitator:
Dr Balan Dass, holds a Ph.D in Adult and Continuing Professional Education from University Putra Malaysia, a Master in Education, majoring in Training & Development from University of Sheffield, UK.
He specialises in the areas like behavioural sciences, human resources, training and development and continuing education. He also teaches at tertiary level conducting classes at DBA and Masters’ levels.
He is a member and the Vice-President of the Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management, a Certified HR Practitioner (CHRP), an approved trainer of Pembangunan Sumber Manausia Berhad and the Consultant for the National Human Resource Centre, Malaysia.