Key Performance Indicator (KPI) is a very important management tool to corporate managers. It is important that the KPIs are formulated and implemented well. Many organizations rush into establishing KPIs in a hurry to match competition and to show they are measurement focused. If they do it without aligning the KPIs to their strategy and without thoroughly evaluating and choosing the right KPIs, the exercise will not be fruitful. Sooner or later the employees will reject the KPIs as useless measures. It helps to set clear expectations of the management and direct the focus of every employee to put their effort to achieve what the management expects.
- Concept of Key Result Areas ( KRA )
- ‘What’ and ‘why’ of KRA
- The difference between KRA and KPI
- Success story – results of KRA implementation setting business KPI
- ‘What’ and ‘why’ of business KPI
- Define your business direction
- Specify your business KRA and KPI
- Specify your business target
- Turn your business measurement into dollar and cents.
- Setting Operations KPI
- ‘What’ and ‘why’ of operations KPI ( down stream concept )
- Specify the operations processes
- Specify the interaction of operations processes
- Measurement principle: QQCT
- Specify the KPI of the operations processes
- Cascading Down the KPI to Your Next Level
- Concept: result focused vs tasks orientated
- Breakdown your KPI by sections
- Assesses the competency of your department
- Assign and set KPI for your next level
- Assess the feasibility of your KPI assigned
- Performance Managing
- Track the achievement of the KPI
- Report the achievement of the KPI
- Improve the achievement of the KPI
- Performance Appraisal
- Concept of performance appraisal
- Design of performance appraisal form
- Using of performance appraisal review form
- Linking of KPI Achievement to Performance Appraisal Review Form
- Assessment on performance results
- Assessment on behavioral performance
- Justification for salary increment
- Setting of KPI for next year
- Development plan for next year
- Linking of Performance Appraisal Review Score to Bonus/Salary Increment Calculation
- Guideline for bonus/salary increment calculation
- Decision on bonus/salary increment pool
- Distribution of bonus/salary increment pool
- Sequence and process planning in performance appraisal review exercise
Exercise, Group facilitation, Lectures, Case studies.
- Heads of Division
- Heads of Department
- General Managers
- Operations Managers
- Team Leaders
- Duration : 2 days
- Time : 9.00am – 5.00pm
- Venue : To be announced
- Fee : RM1,950.00
- Facilitator : Dr. Balan Dass, PhD 016 – 227 0057
- Registration : Contact Program Manager, Tong How Lit.
Tel : 03 – 7955 2382
About the Facilitator:
Dr Balan Dass, holds a Ph.D in Adult and Continuing Professional Education from University Putra Malaysia, a Master in Education, majoring in Training & Development from University of Sheffield, UK.
He specialises in the areas like behavioural sciences, human resources, training and development and continuing education. He also teaches at tertiary level conducting classes at DBA and Masters’ levels.
He is a member and the Vice-President of the Malaysian Institute of Human Resource Management, a Certified HR Practitioner (CHRP), an approved trainer of Pembangunan Sumber Manausia Berhad and the Consultant for the National Human Resource Centre, Malaysia.